A good quality roof will provide shelter from the elements for many years. However, even the best of roofs will need to be replaced eventually. If your commercial roof is nearing the end of its lifespan, do not worry. Division 9 Commercial Construction has licensed contractors available to install a new roof on your retail space.
Types of Roofs for Commercial Renovations
There are as many as 6 different types of roofs you could put onto your retail building. Each type of roof comes with its own advantages and disadvantages:
- Metal Roofs – Metal roofs will have the longest lifespan of all roof types. They can last anywhere from 40 to 70 years, depending on the local climate. Due to their long-life span, metal roofs are excellent candidates for solar panels. However, metal roofs are very expensive to install. If your commercial renovations are on a budget, you may want to consider a different type of roof.
- Built-Up Roofing – This type of roofing is made from alternating layers of tar and gravel. Built-up roofing is not expensive to install, but it may be expensive over the long run because it has a short lifespan. Your retail building will only get approximately 20 years of use from this roof type.
- Green (Eco) Roofs – A green roof is one that is fully or partially covered by plants. The living plants are set on top of a waterproof layer. Eco roofs are modern marvels of sustainability; however they can be costly to install and maintain.
- Spray-On Roofing – Polyurethane foam is sprayed over top of an existing roof where it hardens into a solid layer. This can greatly extend the life span of your current roof up to 50 years. This is a great option for retail spaces who are wanting to maintain their roof inexpensively before replacing the roof altogether.
- Thermoset EPDM Membrane – This type of rubber-based roofing comes in rolls which make it relatively easy to install. However, thermoset roofs are not a great option if your commercial building requires contractors on the roof frequently. It is not very sturdy and could potentially puncture or tear from high foot traffic.
- Standard Shingle Roofs – Shingle roofs are one of the more low-cost options for your commercial building. However, they will not have the same long lifespan of other roof types.
The licensed contractors at Division 9 Commercial Construction are qualified to install all 6 types of commercial roofs. We can provide quotes and recommendations on the best type of roof for your commercial construction project. Call Division 9 Commercial Construction at 800-991-4121 to schedule an appointment today. Commercial renovations do not have to deplete your business’s budget.